Posted by Riley Fenoglio ● May, 2021
Mother's Day Gift Guide 2021
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and every year many people struggle to find the right gift to show their mom, grandma, mother-in-law, or any motherly figure in their lives the love and appreciation they deserve. If you’re still looking for a gift that will delight your mom, we’ve got you covered! We've put together a list of over 20 gifts for any mom, whether they’re interested in technology, art, the outdoors, or are just plain hard to buy for!
FOR THE MOM WITH THE GREEN THUMB:
- Gardening tool set
- A staple for any gardener is a great set of tools! This 83 piece set is sure to have everything your gardening mom will need and more!
- Indoor planters
- For the mom who likes to keep her gardening to the great indoors, these planters feature a simple design and come in multiple colors and sizes, perfect for minimal, natural decor.
- Assorted herb seeds
- Culinary herbs are a fun and easy addition to any indoor or outdoor garden! Plus, who doesn't love fresh herbs in their recipes?
FOR THE TECHIE:
- Ring Video Doorbell
- A video doorbell is not only a fun gadget, but it can also give mom more peace of mind in her home. She can set up alerts, utilize 2-way talk functions with deliveries or other visitors, or sync the system with her smartphone, tablet, or smart home system to view her video feed anywhere.
- Tempest Personal Weather System
- The Tempest personal weather system is simple to install and easy to use for any level of techie. Up and running in minutes, robust weather data and helpful alerts can be sent straight to a smartphone or tablet, with simple smart home integrations that can save time and money!
- Bird Buddy Bird Feeder
- Currently available to back on Kickstarter, this project is perfect for bird lovers and gadget geeks alike. The Bird Buddy uses a camera and AI to identify winged visitors to your birdfeeder, alerting you via an app with a photo of the bird and species details!
FOR THE ACTIVE MOM:
- Free weight set
- While hard to come by during COVID lockdowns, these durable, no-slip dumbbells make a perfect addition to any home gym or workout area. Help your mom stay active in the comfort of her own space by starting or adding to her collection of personal workout gear.
- Whoop strap
- Perfect for active moms who love data! Whoop is a strap worn on the wrist that features an innovative sensor system for 24/7, continuous tracking of recovery, strain, and sleep metrics.
- Allbirds running shoes
- Allbirds are running shoes made with Mother Earth in mind. Machine washable and crafted with sustainable, natural materials, these shoes are touted both for their comfort and the company's commitment to the environment.
FOR THE MOM WHO’S ALWAYS ON THE GO:
- Self-cleaning water bottle
- This stainless steel water bottle is equipped with UV technology that can neutralize up to 99.9% of buildup that would normally require manual cleaning. Keep your mom hydrated without having to worry about a clean water bottle.
- An organized tote or backpack
- We all know that moms have a lot on their plate at any moment. Help your busy mom stay organized anywhere with a tote or backpack that has space, pockets, and functionality that will be sure to impress!
- A comfortable yet sleek walking shoe
- Keep your on-the-go mom comfortable with a durable walking shoe that has a low profile and sleek design.
FOR THE MOM WHO LOVES TO COOK:
- XL Air Fryer
- An extra-large air fryer is great for a variety of uses, and much loved by anyone who loves healthy(ish) cooking in less time and with less mess than traditional frying or baking methods!
- Mortar and pestle
- Expand her cooking capabilities with this fun and useful kitchen set. Mortar and pestles have been used in cooking since the Stone Age, and for good reason! Your mom can grind up fresh flavors while working through any disappointment you or your siblings might have caused! 😉
- Wine cork and aerator set
- For the recipes that call for wine, or for the glass of wine that’s called for while cooking - a cork and aerator set will complete any kitchen.
FOR THE MOM WHO LOVES A TEACHING MOMENT:
- Moms will love turning any outdoor walk or time outside into an opportunity to learn more about the weather with a handheld WEATHERmeter. These are compact and easy to use, but deliver weather data that is accurate and reliable for a variety of readings, from wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, and more. The device connects wirelessly to your smartphone up to 100 feet away.
- Outdoor identifying guides
- From flowers and trees to insects and animals, identifying guides are fun and easy ways to turn a hike, walk in the park, or any outdoor time into a learning moment. This gift is another great one for moms who get warm and fuzzy from spending time teaching and learning with their family.
- A cooperative cookbook
- If you know a mom with little ones, or who enjoys sharing her passion for cooking or baking with her family, a mom and me cookbook is a great gift idea to get them started!
FOR THE MOM WHO LOVES BEAUTY AND SKINCARE:
- Face mask
- A face mask is always a great option when it comes to skincare or beauty gifts. We’ve chosen a green tea detox mask for all skin types, but when it comes to face masks, the options are endless! Give mom the tools she needs for a relaxing moment to herself, or make it a fun activity for you and your mom by getting one for you to do with her!
- Bathroom organizer for makeup or skincare products
- Great for makeup products and skincare, or even items like cotton balls, Q-tips, and blending sponges. If your mom is a neat freak, she'll love the feeling of satisfaction she gets from seeing all her favorite products displayed in a clean, organized way.
- Makeup brush set
- A high-quality brush set will always be appreciated by anyone who enjoys doing their makeup! This six-piece collection from e.l.f. is highly reviewed for not only the quality of the brushes but also the price if you're looking for a great gift that isn't going to break the bank.
FOR THE MOM WHO’S HARD TO BUY FOR:
- A simple classic. Flowers can be picked up at any local flower shop or bouquets can even be purchased through online retailers and sent directly to you or your mom! For a unique twist, pick her birth month flower, or the birth month flower that represents you and/or each of your siblings.
- Custom candle
- Another classic we had to include. Make it more appropriate for the holiday with a candle intentionally about Mom, like our pick with the definition of the word Mom, to show your appreciation.
- A sentimental card
- If you still aren’t sure what to get, maybe a material gift just isn’t the way to go. A beautiful (or even personalized) Mother’s Day card with a heartfelt message will go a long way with any mom! For a gift that keeps on giving, prepare several cards for her to open throughout the year, with labels like, "When you've had a bad day."
Finding the right Mother's Day gift can be daunting. But tapping into your mom's interests or hobbies is a great way to ensure that you're getting her a gift she'll really appreciate and use. We hope some of the items on our list were the right pick for you or gave you the inspiration you needed to get on the right track. Happy shopping!
Back to: Articles